Experience the Zillertal mountains in a fascinating way! One of our state-certified ski instructors will show you the most beautiful ski tours in our region! As a risk manager, our guide ensures that safety comes first! Our local, highly trained ski instructors have years of experience and expert knowledge of our area and always choose the best and safest tours for you.
Our services are not limited to just guiding, but your tour day will also include technique tips, avalanche awareness info, ascent & descent techniques, and avalanche transceiver training. This will be a day you won't forget! Whether a ruggedly romantic setting in rustic pasture areas or among steep rock walls, the Zillertal will make the pulse of every ski tourer race faster with excitement. Awaiting you after an exhausting climb is the well-deserved enjoyment of skiing downhill!
SKI TOURING BEGINNER / SAMPLE TOUR
If you have safely mastered parallel turns on red slopes and would like to give ski touring a try, you have come to the right place!
- Becoming familiar with touring equipment & material check
- Learning of proper technique
- Introduction to the avalanche transceiver (emergency equipment)
- Introduction to avalanche awareness
- Sensitization to Alpine dangers
- Learning downhill technique away from the slopes
- Basic physical fitness is required
- Ca. 200-400 vertical meter climb in easy, slightly steep terrain
- Previous knowledge of downhill skiing in the backcountry is not absolutely necessary
SKI TOURING ADVANCED
If you have already been on a ski tour and would like to improve your ascent and descent technique while enjoying a great tour with beautiful ski runs, you are in the best hands in this level!
- Improvement of walking and downhill technique on different terrain, conquering steeper passages on the ascent and descent
- Becoming familiar with different snow conditions
- Good physical fitness required
- Simple summit tour with 500-1,000 vertical meters on the ascent such as: Almkogel 2,417m, Halslspitze 2,574m, Torspitze 2,663m, Rastkogel 2,762m, Pangert 2,550m, Kreuzjoch 2,336m, etc.
SKI TOURING EXPERT
If you are an experienced ski tourer and would like to explore the large summits in our region, then you will get your money's worth with the ski touring experts!
- Steep and very steep passages on the ascent and descent
- Various terrain with obstacles
- Variety of snow conditions
- Very good physical fitness & skiing technique are required
- Splendid sumiit tours with 900-1,500 vertical meters on the ascent such as: Hoher Riffler 3,231m, Grinbergspitze 2,765m, Realspitze 3,039m, Ahornspitze 2,973m
SPECIAL TUX 3000
You will be on cloud 9 with a few exceptional specials. Experience one of the most wonderful days on skis on one of our popular special tours.
Ski area tour from Tux to Aschau: from the Lämmerbichl ski area, the tour will take you via two short climbs (the Rastkogel and Sidanjoch) and two sensational, long ski runs into the Hochfügen/Kaltenbach ski area. Here, there is an opportunity to make your way up the Wimmbachkopf with the lift then enjoy 1,900 vertical meters of pure downhill fun to Aschau. This is a very rewarding tour, especially when it comes to downhill runs. An advanced ski touring level is required!
Sunrise / sunset ski tour: have you always wanted to experience the sunrise (or sunset) on a summit and then carve down the slopes in the glistening snow in the first or last light of day? With our sunrise ski tour, we will start out with headlamps well before daybreak so as to reach the summit by sunrise. Here, you can enjoy the warm morning sun with a re-energizing breakfast and then leave the first tracks in the snow as you ski back down. For the sunset ski tour, we will start in the afternoon and reach the summit before sunset. Here, we will await the spectacle of sunset and then ski back down into the valley in the last light of day. An advanced ski touring level is required!
- Avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, backpack to rent
- Tour and supervision - adapted to your abilities
- Introduction to technique and avalanche awareness
- Photos of your ski touring day
Easy tour | 100 vertical meters | ca. 1 hr. ascent
Easy tour | 300 vertical meters | ca. 1.5 hr. ascent
Easy tour | 550 vertical meters | ca. 2 hr. ascent
Easy tour | 600 vertical meters | ca. 2 hr. ascent
Intermediate tour | 800 vertical meters | ca. 3 hr. ascent
Intermediate tour | 900 vertical meters | ca. 3.5 hr. ascent
Intermediate tour | 1000 vertical meters | ca. 4 hr. ascent
Intermediate tour | 1,100 vertical meters | ca. 4 hr. ascent
HOHER RIFFLER 3,231m
High alpine tour | 550 vertical meters | ca. 2 hr. ascent
High alpine tour | 1,358 vertical meters | ca. 5 hr. ascent
High alpine tour | 1,750 vertical meters | ca. 6 hr. ascent
Ski Touring | 1-2 people
1 day € 450
Ski Touring | from 3 people
1 day € 150 per person